Posts for tag: Veneers
When you're unhappy with the appearance of your smile, veneers offer a simple solution. They're just one of the cosmetic dentistry services and treatments provided by your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White.
What veneers can do for your smile
Porcelain or plastic veneers are designed to hide flaws and minor damage. The thin, tooth-shaped shells are as thin as a fingernail yet are very effective in concealing imperfections. Veneers are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and don't require any major changes to your teeth. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel before you receive your restorations.
Veneers can be a good option if:
- You want a natural-looking restoration: Veneers are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that they fit your teeth perfectly.
- You have noticeable damage: Do you have a chip or shallow crack in a tooth? Veneers cover minor damage, transforming the appearance of your teeth.
- You have a few smile flaws: Veneers hide uneven tooth surfaces and pits and bumps on your tooth enamel. Do you have a discolored tooth? During your visit to the Chehalis dental office, your dentist will choose a veneer shade that matches the color of nearby teeth.
- You don't like the gap between your front teeth: Although large gaps may require orthodontic treatment, slight gaps can be easily hidden with veneer.
- An oddly shaped tooth ruins the symmetry of your smile: Crooked, pointed, twisted or unusually shaped teeth certainly stand out in your smile. Fortunately, adding a veneer to a problem tooth will change its appearance completely.
- You have short teeth: Veneers also offer the ideal solution for short teeth. Whether your teeth have always been short or have shortened due to night-time grinding, veneers can improve your smile. (If grinding or clenching your teeth while you sleep is the cause of the problem, your dentist may recommend a nightguard. The guard is worn over your teeth while you sleep and reduces the risk of damage to your veneers and your teeth.)
Upgrade your smile with veneers! Call your dentist in Chehalis, WA, Dr. Michael White, at (360) 748-0168.
If you have problems with your teeth, showing off your smile may not be something you feel you can do. However, your dentist can help you restore your smile and makeover your appearance with porcelain dental veneers. But what are veneers and what can they mean for your smile? Get more information on veneers with Dr. Michael White and his practice in Chehalis, WA.
What is a porcelain veneer?
A porcelain veneer is a shell-like dental restoration which fits over the front of a tooth to improve its appearance. A crown is a less invasive way to restore a tooth than other procedures like crowns, but are still permanent and provide big results. Veneers last anywhere from 10 to 20 years depending on the patient's oral care routine and commitment to their veneers’ care. Though veneers last many years with the proper care, they will require replacement eventually.
How can veneers benefit me?
Veneers make you feel good about the way you look, a priceless feeling which can benefit your first impressions and daily face-to-face encounters, and boost your confidence and self-esteem. Veneers leave your natural teeth mostly intact, requiring only slight alterations before placement. In fact, some veneers do not require any preparation at all. It is virtually impossible to tell the difference between a natural tooth and a veneer, meaning that veneers provide a super-realistic appearance and will blend right into your smile.
Porcelain Dental Veneers in Chehalis, WA
Before placing your veneers, your dentist will want to ensure that your teeth are free from teeth decay and gum disease and perform procedures to repair teeth with these issues. Preparing the teeth requires an appointment during which your dentist will remove a thin layer of enamel from the surface of the tooth. Then, your density takes an impression of the mouth and sends it to a dental laboratory. The lab uses the impression to design and create your veneers, customizing them to your mouth. At your next appointment, usually about two weeks later, your dentist will place the final restorations onto your teeth where they will stay permanently.
For more information on porcelain veneers, please contact Dr. Michael White at his practice in Chehalis, WA. Call (360) 748-0168 to schedule your appointment for a consultation with Dr. White.
Have you noticed yourself taking measures to hide the imperfections in your smile from others? Whether you're dealing with one major dental problem or several minor flaws, Dr. Mike White, your Chehalis, Washington dentist, can fit your teeth with veneers, a revolutionary smile makeover. Here are a few of the ways that veneers can give you a brand new smile to be proud of:
Many people choose dental whitening as a way to counteract the effects of staining. However, some conditions don't allow the whitening agents to do their job properly. People who have permanent stains from antibiotic use, visible dental work, or exposed roots from gum recession will likely have less-than-perfect results with bleaching their teeth. However, veneers are an excellent way to fix these and any other problems you may have with discoloration. They fit over your teeth and cover up staining with beautiful natural-looking sections of porcelain.
Proportion and shape
Even if you have a full set of teeth, they may not be in proportion with each other. Porcelain veneers give you the perfectly-shaped smile you've always wanted. Your Chehalis dentist will make sure your veneers are designed to not only match the teeth surrounding them but to be proportionate with your other facial features as well.
If your problem is the alignment of your teeth, good news: you may not have to spend months wearing braces to correct it! Once they're placed, veneers instantly fill in small gaps or correct minor crookedness. Major problems with crowding and overlapping may need braces. Your Chehalis dentist has the experience and expertise to make the best determination for you.
A great smile can open a world of possibilities. To get started on this journey, contact Dr. White, your Chehalis dentist, to learn more about veneers or any other cosmetic dental procedure.