What bothers you about your smile? Are some teeth longer than others? Are there noticeable cracks or discolorations? Has one tooth always stood out due to its odd shape? Whatever the case, your cosmetic dentist in Chehalis, WA Dr. Michael White, can help. One of his most popular services is porcelain veneers--thin, lifelike shells of fine ceramic which cover those defects beautifully.
What are dental veneers?
They are customized shells of tooth-colored ceramic. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says these tooth enhancements not only beautify smiles, but they improve durability as well.
Made according to digital or conventional impressions, veneers bond to the front side of teeth with a special cement and curing light. They require some mild enamel resurfacing so both mouth and bite accommodate them comfortably.
To be sure you qualify for veneers, your Chehalis dentist will take X-rays and other imaging. Also, he'll examine your teeth and gums carefully, noting their shape and size and any decay or gum issues which would be corrected before the veneer process. In total, your treatment should take two or three visits to Dr. White's office.
The benefits of dental veneers
Veneers are a long-lasting smile enhancement. They require normal oral hygiene at home and of course, your six-month hygiene and check-up visits with Dr. White and his team.
Other benefits include:
- Versatility Veneers camouflage a variety of dental flaws such as gaps, mild crowding, chips, pits, deep stains, cracks and more.
- Dependability Veneers retain their sheen and color indefinitely. They cannot decay, and if you treat them gently (don't open a bottle with your teeth or chew ice cubes), they rarely fracture or dislodge.
- Customization Your veneers will blend in with the rest of your smile. Color will match neighboring teeth, and your dentist can use veneers to improve selected teeth in terms of size and shape.
- Improved self-esteem Porcelain veneers look so great that you will love to smile.
- No recovery time When Dr. White places and bonds your veneers, you'll go right back to your usual routine.
Find out more
Contact Dr. Michael White's office staff for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Together, you and Dr. White will discuss the concerns you have about your smile, and you'll be amazed at the solutions he offers. Porcelain veneers may be one of them. Call today, won't you? (360) 748-0168.