When you're unhappy with the appearance of your smile, veneers offer a simple solution. They're just one of the cosmetic dentistry services and treatments provided by your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White.
What veneers can do for your smile
Porcelain or plastic veneers are designed to hide flaws and minor damage. The thin, tooth-shaped shells are as thin as a fingernail yet are very effective in concealing imperfections. Veneers are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and don't require any major changes to your teeth. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel before you receive your restorations.
Veneers can be a good option if:
- You want a natural-looking restoration: Veneers are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that they fit your teeth perfectly.
- You have noticeable damage: Do you have a chip or shallow crack in a tooth? Veneers cover minor damage, transforming the appearance of your teeth.
- You have a few smile flaws: Veneers hide uneven tooth surfaces and pits and bumps on your tooth enamel. Do you have a discolored tooth? During your visit to the Chehalis dental office, your dentist will choose a veneer shade that matches the color of nearby teeth.
- You don't like the gap between your front teeth: Although large gaps may require orthodontic treatment, slight gaps can be easily hidden with veneer.
- An oddly shaped tooth ruins the symmetry of your smile: Crooked, pointed, twisted or unusually shaped teeth certainly stand out in your smile. Fortunately, adding a veneer to a problem tooth will change its appearance completely.
- You have short teeth: Veneers also offer the ideal solution for short teeth. Whether your teeth have always been short or have shortened due to night-time grinding, veneers can improve your smile. (If grinding or clenching your teeth while you sleep is the cause of the problem, your dentist may recommend a nightguard. The guard is worn over your teeth while you sleep and reduces the risk of damage to your veneers and your teeth.)
Upgrade your smile with veneers! Call your dentist in Chehalis, WA, Dr. Michael White, at (360) 748-0168.
Dental bridgework from your dentist in Chehalis, WA, can give you back your smile
Dental bridges have been an excellent tooth replacement solution for decades, providing a dependable, attractive addition to your smile. Now, they are even better, with extremely durable, lifelike materials that closely resemble having your natural teeth.
Dr. Michael White in Chehalis, WA, offers a wide variety of dental services, including dental bridges to give you back your smile. He proudly serves residents of Chehalis, and Centralia, WA, and he can help you too.
Dental bridges help you and your smile by restoring your chewing function, so you can get back to enjoying the foods you love. They create additional surface area and increased strength for chewing, to give you the great function you need.
Dental bridges also help you by enhancing the beauty of your smile. You won’t have to worry about being embarrassed because of gaps in your smile caused by missing teeth. You can proudly show off your full smile again, thanks to dental bridges.
When you choose dental bridges, you will enjoy important benefits like these:
Natural-looking beauty, because dental bridges are made of materials that will blend perfectly into your smile.
Stability, because your dental bridge is cemented on to the adjacent teeth, so it is fully supported and won’t move around.
Permanence, because you never have to remove the dental bridge; it stays fixed in place.
Whether you are missing a single tooth or multiple missing teeth, dental bridges can fill in the gaps. To read more detailed information about the dental bridge process, please visit the Crowns and Bridges section on Dr. White’s website at http://www.mikewhitedds.com/crowns-and-bridges.html
Dental bridges can help restore your chewing function and your self-confidence! Your smile is important, and choosing dental bridges can give you back your smile. To find out more about how dental bridges can help your smile, talk with an expert by calling Dr. Michael White in Chehalis, WA, at (360) 748-0168. Call today!
So you got your shiny new dentures from Dr. Michael White in Chehalis, WA and you need a little more information on how to care for them? Read on to find out.
Caring for your dentures
- Storing your dentures in water prevents them from warping and cracking more easily if they fall to the floor.
- Brush your dentures with a denture cleaner like Polident, a gentle toothpaste, or a mild soap. Brushing clears away food, hardened tartar, and anything else that may be stuck to your dentures.
- Sometimes mold may grow on your dentures. Make sure to clear your dentures of all mold as this can lead to stomach problems and gum irritation.
- Remember to rinse your dentures thoroughly of all cleaning fluid as the solution can have side effects like vomiting.
Benefits Of Caring For Your Dentures
Your dentures are now a great addition to your smile! If well taken care of, your dentures can last 5 to 7 years. Taking great care of the same set of dentures is cost-effective, simple once the routine becomes second nature, and helps your face retain its shape.
Replacing Your Dentures
According to the American Dental Association, your dentures should be replaced when your dentures cause chronic inflammation and discomfort in your mouth, they are older than 5 years or have degraded to the point where they no longer function.
Don’t Forget The Rest Of Your Mouth
While you may be wearing dentures now, it is still important to take care of the parts of your mouth that support them. This means keeping the tongue and gums clean.
For more information on how to care for your dentures, contact Dr. White at his practice in Chehalis, WA. Dial (360) 748-0168 to schedule a consultation or speak with staff regarding existing dentures.
Here’s how to handle a broken or damaged dental crown.
Today’s dental crowns are made from incredibly durable and lifelike material; however, accidentally biting down on an olive pit or getting hit in the face during a game can lead to a damaged or broken crown. When you’ve cracked your crown, our Chehalis, WA, dentist Dr. Michael White is here to provide you with a new one.
What do I do?
Take a deep breath! A cracked or broken crown is not the end of the world, but it will require you to turn to a dental professional for help. You will not be able to fix a broken or damaged crown on your own so you’ll need to come into our office for repair.
The good news is that a cracked crown is rarely a cause for emergency dentistry. If you are feeling a little sensitivity or discomfort you can take an over-the-counter pain reliever or apply a topical anesthetic (that is designed for oral use) to the gums to help ease your discomfort until you can come into the office; however, if you are dealing with severe or sudden pain, you should see us as soon as possible.
Can you save my crown?
In some instances, yes. When you come into the office we will examine the crown as well as the tooth to make sure that there isn’t anything wrong with the tooth itself. X-rays may be necessary to check the integrity and health of the tooth structure. If the crown just fell off then we can easily cement the crown back into place; however, if the crown is broken or damaged, the best thing we can do is to replace it with a brand new crown.
You will go through the same steps to get your new crown as you did your last one. We will take impressions of your mouth and place a temporary crown until your permanent crown is made and ready to be fitted.
Crowns will need to be replaced, eventually
At some point, your crown will need to be replaced even if it doesn’t become damaged. By maintaining good oral hygiene and by being gentle with your crowned tooth you can keep your crown for up to 10 years or longer; however, it’s also important that you are visiting our Chehalis, WA, restorative dentist every six months so that we can check your crown.
If you are dealing with a damaged or broken restoration it’s important that you have a dentist here in Chehalis that can provide you with immediate dental care. Dr. White is proud to provide comprehensive dentistry to Chehalis, Centralia and all of Lewis County, WA. To schedule an appointment please call us at (360) 748-0168.
If you are after a flawless smile, dental veneers just might be the best solution for you. Veneers are made up of tooth-colored super-slim shells developed for concealing your real teeth to produce a straighter, more radiant, and gorgeous smile. Plus the advances in modern dentistry have made dental veneers look incredibly realistic, so no one will even notice a difference!
Here at Michael A. White DDS in Chehalis WA, Dr. Michael White commonly uses veneers for correcting an array of cosmetic flaws, from slightly misaligned gaps to stained teeth that resist professional teeth whitening treatments.
How Dental Veneers in Chehalis Can Make Your Smile Perfect
Veneers can be crafted from resin composite or porcelain materials and are specifically made to go over the front teeth’s surfaces. By doing this, they mask flaws and visibly change the length, shape, and size of the teeth. The majority of dental veneers today are fabricated from porcelain since this material is capable of resisting stains better. It can likewise reflect light naturally much like that of real teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Since veneers are produced from materials that resemble real teeth and shaped individually for every patient, it is virtually impossible to see the difference between natural teeth and veneers.
- You could choose the exact shade of whiteness you want for your veneers. However, you should be careful when choosing which shade you want since super-white veneers won’t look natural.
- Unlike other cosmetic dentistry solutions, veneers made of porcelain won’t be discolored by red wine, cigarette smoke, tea, and coffee.
- For those with generally healthy teeth, dental veneers could be a viable substitute for dental caps or crowns, which require removing more of the tooth’s natural structure.
- They can be utilized for covering one tooth or several teeth.
The Dental Veneers Installation Process
Your dentist in Chehalis WA will buff a small amount, about half a millimeter, of your tooth’s outer coating called the enamel to make room for your veneers. You might need local anesthesia for this. Trimming the enamel is done to ensure that your teeth won’t look bulky.
Your dentist will then take an impression of your teeth and then send this to a lab where your veneers will be fabricated. Once your veneers are ready, it will be attached to your teeth using a special adhesive, and voila! You now have a flawless smile.
Get That Perfect Smile You Deserve with Chehalis Dental Veneers. Reach Out to Us
Arrange a meeting with Dr. Michael White here at Michael A. White DDS in Chehalis WA by dialing (360) 748-0168.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.