Posts for tag: Dental Veneers
If you are after a flawless smile, dental veneers just might be the best solution for you. Veneers are made up of tooth-colored super-slim shells developed for concealing your real teeth to produce a straighter, more radiant, and gorgeous smile. Plus the advances in modern dentistry have made dental veneers look incredibly realistic, so no one will even notice a difference!
Here at Michael A. White DDS in Chehalis WA, Dr. Michael White commonly uses veneers for correcting an array of cosmetic flaws, from slightly misaligned gaps to stained teeth that resist professional teeth whitening treatments.
How Dental Veneers in Chehalis Can Make Your Smile Perfect
Veneers can be crafted from resin composite or porcelain materials and are specifically made to go over the front teeth’s surfaces. By doing this, they mask flaws and visibly change the length, shape, and size of the teeth. The majority of dental veneers today are fabricated from porcelain since this material is capable of resisting stains better. It can likewise reflect light naturally much like that of real teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Since veneers are produced from materials that resemble real teeth and shaped individually for every patient, it is virtually impossible to see the difference between natural teeth and veneers.
- You could choose the exact shade of whiteness you want for your veneers. However, you should be careful when choosing which shade you want since super-white veneers won’t look natural.
- Unlike other cosmetic dentistry solutions, veneers made of porcelain won’t be discolored by red wine, cigarette smoke, tea, and coffee.
- For those with generally healthy teeth, dental veneers could be a viable substitute for dental caps or crowns, which require removing more of the tooth’s natural structure.
- They can be utilized for covering one tooth or several teeth.
The Dental Veneers Installation Process
Your dentist in Chehalis WA will buff a small amount, about half a millimeter, of your tooth’s outer coating called the enamel to make room for your veneers. You might need local anesthesia for this. Trimming the enamel is done to ensure that your teeth won’t look bulky.
Your dentist will then take an impression of your teeth and then send this to a lab where your veneers will be fabricated. Once your veneers are ready, it will be attached to your teeth using a special adhesive, and voila! You now have a flawless smile.
Get That Perfect Smile You Deserve with Chehalis Dental Veneers. Reach Out to Us
Arrange a meeting with Dr. Michael White here at Michael A. White DDS in Chehalis WA by dialing (360) 748-0168.
What bothers you about your smile? Are some teeth longer than others? Are there noticeable cracks or discolorations? Has one tooth always stood out due to its odd shape? Whatever the case, your cosmetic dentist in Chehalis, WA Dr. Michael White, can help. One of his most popular services is porcelain veneers--thin, lifelike shells of fine ceramic which cover those defects beautifully.
What are dental veneers?
They are customized shells of tooth-colored ceramic. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says these tooth enhancements not only beautify smiles, but they improve durability as well.
Made according to digital or conventional impressions, veneers bond to the front side of teeth with a special cement and curing light. They require some mild enamel resurfacing so both mouth and bite accommodate them comfortably.
To be sure you qualify for veneers, your Chehalis dentist will take X-rays and other imaging. Also, he'll examine your teeth and gums carefully, noting their shape and size and any decay or gum issues which would be corrected before the veneer process. In total, your treatment should take two or three visits to Dr. White's office.
The benefits of dental veneers
Veneers are a long-lasting smile enhancement. They require normal oral hygiene at home and of course, your six-month hygiene and check-up visits with Dr. White and his team.
Other benefits include:
- Versatility Veneers camouflage a variety of dental flaws such as gaps, mild crowding, chips, pits, deep stains, cracks and more.
- Dependability Veneers retain their sheen and color indefinitely. They cannot decay, and if you treat them gently (don't open a bottle with your teeth or chew ice cubes), they rarely fracture or dislodge.
- Customization Your veneers will blend in with the rest of your smile. Color will match neighboring teeth, and your dentist can use veneers to improve selected teeth in terms of size and shape.
- Improved self-esteem Porcelain veneers look so great that you will love to smile.
- No recovery time When Dr. White places and bonds your veneers, you'll go right back to your usual routine.
Find out more
Contact Dr. Michael White's office staff for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Together, you and Dr. White will discuss the concerns you have about your smile, and you'll be amazed at the solutions he offers. Porcelain veneers may be one of them. Call today, won't you? (360) 748-0168.