Are you considering getting dentures to replace your missing teeth? In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, these restorations offer several important benefits. Your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White, can help you evaluate your denture choices and choose the type that's right for you!
What advantages do dentures offer?
Wearing dentures can:
- Help You Feel More Confident: Your self-esteem can suffer whether you have a few gaps in your smile or you've lost all of your teeth. In fact, many people who have experienced tooth loss report that they feel self-conscious in social settings. Replacing your lost teeth with dentures is a simple way to regain your confidence. The restorations look just like natural teeth and are custom-made to fit your mouth.
- Make Speaking Easier: Without a full set of teeth, you'll have trouble pronouncing some sounds and words. Speaking can be particularly frustrating if other people have difficulty understanding you. Thanks to your new dentures, however, you'll enjoy clear speech and won't have to worry about slurring words!
- Change the Way You Eat: Tooth loss can make eating a challenge. Biting, tearing, and chewing food becomes difficult or impossible when you've lost your teeth. Although a soft food diet may be fine for a week or two, it's not a particularly appetizing option for the rest of your life. Dentures restore your ability to eat a variety of foods, ensuring that your nutritional needs are met.
- Protect Any Remaining Teeth: Partial dentures are an excellent option if you have a few remaining teeth. Increased wear and tear can quickly damage your remaining teeth if you don't replace your missing teeth. Partial dentures relieve the burden on your natural teeth in addition to filling in the gaps in your smile.
- Improve Your Job Prospects: Your ability to do your job won't change just because you've lost your teeth, but unfortunately, tooth loss can affect your career trajectory. You may find it harder to get a new job or advance in your current company if you don't replace your missing teeth. Fortunately, your Chehalis dentist can help you restore your smile with full dentures, partial dentures, or implant-supported dentures.
Interested? Give us a call!
Restore your smile by calling your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White, at (360) 748-0168! Schedule your appointment today!