When you're unhappy with the appearance of your smile, veneers offer a simple solution. They're just one of the cosmetic dentistry services and treatments provided by your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White.
What veneers can do for your smile
Porcelain or plastic veneers are designed to hide flaws and minor damage. The thin, tooth-shaped shells are as thin as a fingernail yet are very effective in concealing imperfections. Veneers are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement and don't require any major changes to your teeth. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel before you receive your restorations.
Veneers can be a good option if:
- You want a natural-looking restoration: Veneers are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that they fit your teeth perfectly.
- You have noticeable damage: Do you have a chip or shallow crack in a tooth? Veneers cover minor damage, transforming the appearance of your teeth.
- You have a few smile flaws: Veneers hide uneven tooth surfaces and pits and bumps on your tooth enamel. Do you have a discolored tooth? During your visit to the Chehalis dental office, your dentist will choose a veneer shade that matches the color of nearby teeth.
- You don't like the gap between your front teeth: Although large gaps may require orthodontic treatment, slight gaps can be easily hidden with veneer.
- An oddly shaped tooth ruins the symmetry of your smile: Crooked, pointed, twisted or unusually shaped teeth certainly stand out in your smile. Fortunately, adding a veneer to a problem tooth will change its appearance completely.
- You have short teeth: Veneers also offer the ideal solution for short teeth. Whether your teeth have always been short or have shortened due to night-time grinding, veneers can improve your smile. (If grinding or clenching your teeth while you sleep is the cause of the problem, your dentist may recommend a nightguard. The guard is worn over your teeth while you sleep and reduces the risk of damage to your veneers and your teeth.)
Upgrade your smile with veneers! Call your dentist in Chehalis, WA, Dr. Michael White, at (360) 748-0168.