Posts for category: Dental Procedures
It’s never too late to get the full smile you deserve after tooth loss.
So, you’re missing teeth, but you aren’t sure which replacement option is the right one for you. No problem. That’s where our Chehalis, WA, dentist Dr. Michael White and his expertise comes in handy. Restorative dentistry has made some incredible strides over the years, allowing our dental team to provide patients with amazingly durable and lifelike tooth replacement options that blend right in.
Here are just some of the popular restorations we use to replace missing teeth,
Since implants mimic the look and function of a real tooth, they have quickly become a popular way for adults to replace one or more teeth. This metal post is placed into the jawbone where it takes the place of your tooth roots. Over the course of 3-6 months, the bone and tissue will grow around the implant, making it a permanent part of the jawbone. From there, an implant can support a false tooth.
If you are a healthy individual who is missing one or more teeth then you could very well be a candidate for dental implants. Our Chehalis, WA, restorative dentist will examine your mouth and jawbone to make sure that they are healthy enough for implants.
If you are looking for an easy way to fill a gap in your smile then a dental bridge may be a fast solution. Bridges are a commonly placed restoration that offers a way for patients who are a bit more budget-conscious to get the false teeth they need to restore their smile. In order to get a dental bridge, our dental team will need to make sure that the natural teeth surrounding the gap are strong enough to support the bridge. From there, natural teeth are prepped and crowns are cemented into place over these teeth to support the one or two false teeth in the middle.
Are you dealing with complete tooth loss? If so, full dentures can provide you with an easy and fast solution to getting a full set of teeth gain. Full dentures are customized to your mouth’s measurements to provide the best possible fit. Full dentures can be used to replace either your upper or lower teeth, and are place in a matter of weeks.
If you are looking for a dentist in Chehalis, WA, that can restore your missing teeth and improve your smile for life then call (360) 748-0168 to learn more or to schedule an evaluation with us.
How cosmetic dentistry from your dentist in Chehalis, Washington can improve your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry combines the artistic skills of your dentist with the science of dental materials, to give you an outstanding smile. No matter what bothers you about your smile, there is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that can help improve your smile.
Dr. Michael White in Chehalis, Washington offers a wide range of cosmetic, restorative, and preventive dental services. He proudly serves the residents of Chehalis, and Centralia, Washington and he can improve your smile too.
Cosmetic dentistry combines all of the latest techniques and dental materials to turn your smile into something uniquely beautiful, and uniquely you. These are just a few of the many cosmetic dentistry procedures for you to consider:
Professional teeth whitening, if you want to take your smile from dull to dazzling; you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades whiter, and your amazing results can last for years. Treatment is quick, with the in-office treatment taking only about an hour. Unlike some over-the-counter treatments, professional teeth whitening products have been tested and approved by the American Dental Association.
Dental bonding, if you need to repair small chips, cracks, or other tooth damage; dental bonding uses composite, a liquid resin material that can be matched to the color of your teeth, so it blends into your smile perfectly. The liquid is sculpted into place and then hardened with a blue light. The result is tooth repair that enhances the beauty and strength of your smile.
Porcelain veneers, if you want to make your smile perfectly beautiful; porcelain veneers are light-reflective thin laminates of sparkling porcelain which are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. Porcelain closely resembles natural tooth enamel, so when your veneers are placed, they look completely natural. Porcelain veneer treatment is versatile and can hide many minor and major flaws including cracks, chips, fracture lines, areas of lost tooth structure, discolorations, and other defects and damage.
If you don’t like your smile, it’s time to change it up a little with cosmetic dentistry. To find out more about these and other cosmetic and restorative procedures, call Dr. Michael White in Chehalis, Washington today.
Are you considering getting dentures to replace your missing teeth? In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, these restorations offer several important benefits. Your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White, can help you evaluate your denture choices and choose the type that's right for you!
What advantages do dentures offer?
Wearing dentures can:
- Help You Feel More Confident: Your self-esteem can suffer whether you have a few gaps in your smile or you've lost all of your teeth. In fact, many people who have experienced tooth loss report that they feel self-conscious in social settings. Replacing your lost teeth with dentures is a simple way to regain your confidence. The restorations look just like natural teeth and are custom-made to fit your mouth.
- Make Speaking Easier: Without a full set of teeth, you'll have trouble pronouncing some sounds and words. Speaking can be particularly frustrating if other people have difficulty understanding you. Thanks to your new dentures, however, you'll enjoy clear speech and won't have to worry about slurring words!
- Change the Way You Eat: Tooth loss can make eating a challenge. Biting, tearing, and chewing food becomes difficult or impossible when you've lost your teeth. Although a soft food diet may be fine for a week or two, it's not a particularly appetizing option for the rest of your life. Dentures restore your ability to eat a variety of foods, ensuring that your nutritional needs are met.
- Protect Any Remaining Teeth: Partial dentures are an excellent option if you have a few remaining teeth. Increased wear and tear can quickly damage your remaining teeth if you don't replace your missing teeth. Partial dentures relieve the burden on your natural teeth in addition to filling in the gaps in your smile.
- Improve Your Job Prospects: Your ability to do your job won't change just because you've lost your teeth, but unfortunately, tooth loss can affect your career trajectory. You may find it harder to get a new job or advance in your current company if you don't replace your missing teeth. Fortunately, your Chehalis dentist can help you restore your smile with full dentures, partial dentures, or implant-supported dentures.
Interested? Give us a call!
Restore your smile by calling your Chehalis, WA, dentist, Dr. Michael White, at (360) 748-0168! Schedule your appointment today!
Find out how this popular tooth replacement could restore your smile for life.
While losing a tooth might have been exciting when we were children, it certainly isn’t once we become adults. Unfortunately, millions of Americans are missing teeth. Are you one of them? If so, our Chehalis, WA, dentist Dr. Michael White has a long-term tooth replacement that could have you smiling again in no time.
What is a Dental Implant?
This metal prosthetic is inserted into the jawbone underneath the gums where it will provide a stable and long-term foundation to support a false tooth or teeth. The implant itself is not designed to look like a tooth but will take on the role of tooth roots and anchor your artificial tooth in place.
How does a Dental Implant Function?
For an implant to take the place of your tooth roots, our Chehalis, WA, restorative dentist will need to surgically place the implant into the jawbone. Before this can happen, a small hole is drilled into the bone so the implant can be positioned. Over the course of several months, the bone will grow around the implant and integrate with the metal restoration to become one. This naturally occurring phenomenon is known as osseointegration.
Once the bone and implant have become one, the next step is to place an abutment on top of the implant. The abutment’s main job is to connect the implant with the artificial tooth. In some cases, the implant will already have a built-in abutment, in which case placing an abutment separately will not be unnecessary.
If you still need to get an abutment, you will need to come into our office for another minor procedure. During this procedure, we will open up the gums so that Dr. White can attach the abutment on top of the implant. After the gums have healed from the abutment procedure, he will cement a dental crown on top of the abutment to complete the restoration. With the proper care, a dental implant could end up lasting the rest of your life.
Do you want to learn more about dental implants and see if they are the right choice for you? Call our Chehalis, WA, dental office today at (360) 748-0168 and let us know that you are interested in what implants can offer you.
What bothers you about your smile? Are some teeth longer than others? Are there noticeable cracks or discolorations? Has one tooth always stood out due to its odd shape? Whatever the case, your cosmetic dentist in Chehalis, WA Dr. Michael White, can help. One of his most popular services is porcelain veneers--thin, lifelike shells of fine ceramic which cover those defects beautifully.
What are dental veneers?
They are customized shells of tooth-colored ceramic. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says these tooth enhancements not only beautify smiles, but they improve durability as well.
Made according to digital or conventional impressions, veneers bond to the front side of teeth with a special cement and curing light. They require some mild enamel resurfacing so both mouth and bite accommodate them comfortably.
To be sure you qualify for veneers, your Chehalis dentist will take X-rays and other imaging. Also, he'll examine your teeth and gums carefully, noting their shape and size and any decay or gum issues which would be corrected before the veneer process. In total, your treatment should take two or three visits to Dr. White's office.
The benefits of dental veneers
Veneers are a long-lasting smile enhancement. They require normal oral hygiene at home and of course, your six-month hygiene and check-up visits with Dr. White and his team.
Other benefits include:
- Versatility Veneers camouflage a variety of dental flaws such as gaps, mild crowding, chips, pits, deep stains, cracks and more.
- Dependability Veneers retain their sheen and color indefinitely. They cannot decay, and if you treat them gently (don't open a bottle with your teeth or chew ice cubes), they rarely fracture or dislodge.
- Customization Your veneers will blend in with the rest of your smile. Color will match neighboring teeth, and your dentist can use veneers to improve selected teeth in terms of size and shape.
- Improved self-esteem Porcelain veneers look so great that you will love to smile.
- No recovery time When Dr. White places and bonds your veneers, you'll go right back to your usual routine.
Find out more
Contact Dr. Michael White's office staff for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Together, you and Dr. White will discuss the concerns you have about your smile, and you'll be amazed at the solutions he offers. Porcelain veneers may be one of them. Call today, won't you? (360) 748-0168.